Sunday, October 12, 2008

Isn't that a lost art?

So my mom and I have been busy this fall as usual. Of course my mom busier than anyone because she is the little red hen. I love pears and our neighbor was giving theirs away, so my mom volunteered me to pick them and then we canned/dried them. We did a lot of peaches and tomatoes too, but for some reason this is the only batch that I was attentive to.

My mom is a superstar. My best friend who I hang out with every day. My boys love her too and always want to be at her house with out me. She is such a push over, they walk on water when Grandma's around. Everyone loves "Ma'ma."

My mom emptied bottles this year that she canned in 1980. That was the year I was born. Can you imagine pealing and bottling hundreds of bottles with 5 little kids and 1 baby? Women were made tough back then and to think that all of that hard work just got put down the drain 28 years later. oh well. Now we're onto grapes and I promise to help with that sticky mess.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Your mom reminds me of Ron's mom...Way to "BE"!!!

Kes said...

i haven't ever canned before and i don't know if it's cause i hit 30 this year (and it's time to grow up)or cause everyone is freeking me out with the crashing of the market and food storage...but I WANT TO LEARN:-) so next time you do it call moi.