Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Crisp

So Sunday I wanted to use up some of my yummy apples for an apple crisp. Gabe is a good helper but doesn't love time in the kitchen. With this handy device from pampered Chef he pealed all but the one apple that Jace pealed.

Mesmorized, don't ya think!

So after the apples were pealed they decided to have a tea party and dumped a box of rice crispies and raisins all over the kitchen. Can you hear me yelling, "TEA PARTIES. . . NO MORE"

Then while I was cleaning up they got my mascara out and drew all over them self. Gabe said, "Jacey helped me." Jace said, "Gabey helped me." So who is the culprit? I'd have to go with Jace.

Grandma Louders Apple Crisp

7. c. sliced and pealed apples

1 T. lemon juice

cinnamon

3/4 c. flour

1 c. quick oats

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. sugar

1/2 c. butter, softened but not melted

Mix apples with lemon juice and sprinkle with cinnamon; stir and put in bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Mix remaining ingredients together like a pastry, cutting the butter into the sugar mixture. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350* for 30-40 min until apples are tender and top golden brown.

2 comments:

joleen said...

That dessert was really good! Thanks again for making it! I had some after you left cause I don't really like cheesecake!

Kimmie said...

Your boys make me laugh! Em has found make-up to be very cool... mom not so much!