Saturday, February 27, 2010

pulled pork

My favorite place to eat is CAFE RIO.
I haven't been there in at least a year but that doesn't mean I don't love
it, it just means I never eat out.
If you are like me you are always wanted to duplicate the recipe.
I want to learn to make their lime ranch dressing.
My Mindy gave me a great recipe for the pulled pork that I think is close to the real thing.

1 pork roast
1 can coke
1 cup salsa
1 cup sugar
slow cook all day, pull the pork a few hours before serving to let the juices soak in.

I hope it isn't a secret because I just gave it away!
It is delicious and I am excited to eat dinner.
Kamers, sorry it din't work out. Leave little Abby in the oven for a few more weeks.
Take care of yourself.
As for me and my family, we are home bound. At least for a few days.
Do spots always mean chicken pox?
We'll find out if they scab or not.
Gabe has spots on his arm that I discovered yesterday at swim lessons.
No fever, just spots.
The wait is on, but hey we have dinner tonight!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I am totally going to have to try this recipe! I LOVE Cafe Rio too! We eat there every time we are in Utah...next time we'll meet you there!

Kimmie said...

I made that for camp a few years ago and it was a huge hit. But my version use's Sprite. Ron would like your version better. Make sure you have the uncooked tortilla shells from costco!

brit said...

i have a ranch recipe that is darn close. and seriously, i can't even believe we are friends!!! a year, becky!!!! i ate there 4 or 5 times in 4 weeks! one salad feeds me and 3 kids :). we are going there next time i am there because even though you can make yummy food at home the fun part is YOU DON"T HAVE TO MAKE IT!!! love ya!

The Hall Clan said...

bummed we missed our date---but hopefully everybody is on the mend.
thanks for the recipe.