Sunday, February 14, 2010

The love of my life, My Mikey

Mike and I met 8 years ago on January 25th. 8 years ago today we were in Salt Lake at the Cheryl Crow Awards ceremony, he took me on a ridiculously priced, yet very romantic carriage ride and then had roses waiting for me when we got back to his house (compliments of Terri I'm sure) :) After the first date I wrote my dad a note to tell him he doesn't have to worry about me going on a mission because I had "found the boy I was going to marry." By day 3 I confessed my feelings to Mike about how I was going on a mission (his face dropped) but. . . my Bishop was holding my papers because I had met someone. The rest is history.
I tease him that it was his truck that I fell in love with but we all know better than that. ANY one who knows Mike can testify that he is a gem. He has a giant spirit that is even bigger than him! I couldn't help but love him and wish for my life to be complete with him by my side. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he makes my heart soar. He allows me to be me, and helps make my dreams come true. He works so hard for our family, I was at the dentist last week and so glad to not be working there. I have sucked enough spit for one lifetime!
Last week Brit and I got to go on a date and see a chick flick. (Thank you Brit). When I got home I was so happy because I love seeing people fall in love but my happy comes because I get to come home to a love story. I am so thankful to be in love with Mike and to truly be living a dream. Of course we have our rocks to climb over like everyone, I don't claim to be perfect. But I will always say with an honest heart "I LOVE YOU MIKE" Happy Valentines Day!

5 comments:

JENNE said...

Your love story that is better than the one we read for book club.
Happy Valentines day!

Lacy said...

L.O.V.E. This post! What a cute story. I too wanted to go on a mission but bishop shmutz said he thought there was a mission here for me. About 1 month later, I met rob!
Oh and by the way, your little lady is so stinkin cute! I want to squeeze her!!

Terri said...

You make me smile! I so happy for you and my little brother Mike. By the way, you left out the "cool" part of your love story. ;)

Jaime said...

I married Brad for his truck too...lol..I love your story.

Mindy Hill said...

YOu are one lucky girl....but who YOU are is a big part of the love story you come home to.