Monday, April 27, 2009

And the next contestant on the Price is Right is. . .

My Grandma Louder is 90 years old and decided that her life is soon to be over and therefore "the last item on her bucket list is to be on The Price is Right." So with help from my cousin, she and her 4 daughters flew out on a private jet Sunday for the sole purpose of getting Grandma on the show. They had tickets to get tickets so they woke up at 4:30 to stand in line.
Grandma got on contestants row, WON, played a game (details still blurry) WON. Spun the wheel, WON. Show case showdown. . . you guessed it, WON! My mom and all of her sisters were crying and laughing and of course peed their pants through it all. When they finally got out of the show at 4:00 and my mom called me she was still crying. My Grandma is the funnest person alive and I am sure that the show will be a must see. So if you're not busy May 7th at 9:00 a.m. tune in to watch MY Grandma take the show!

9 comments:

Lacy said...

That is hilarious!! I am for sure watching!

joleen said...

I still can't believe it! I'm so excited, I keep calling people in my home ward!

Kelli said...

What a sweet story! I'm so happy for her! I will definitely be watching on May 7th.

I would love to get together with you sometime! Mark doesnt' have a job yet so we don't know if we'll be moving, but we are really hoping to stay here so right now we're only looking at jobs in utah. I'll keep you posted. But, yeah, we should seriously plan a time to play. Call me! 225-3268.

The Hall Clan said...

I'll be watching-----has it REALLY been 7 years? Holy cow. When are you due exactly in June,,,i have all the little girly presents almost ready.

How Sweet it is! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
How Sweet it is! said...

How exciting! I will have to DVR the episode, and watch it after work. What a fun story.

Mindy Hill said...

Wouldn't miss it for the world! Still smiling....smiling even bigger at the thought of old grandma Becky and grandma Mindy up there!

Michelle and Nick said...

Just watched it--It was great! It was nice to see your mom on TV as well. What a fun thing to do.

Kelli said...

Becky!!! I just finished watching your grandma on the price is right! I was dying when I saw her because I totally know her! I grew up in her ward. She was "Grandma Friend" and she'd always come into primary and read us stories from the Friend magazine. I had no idea she was your grandma! She is the most adorable grandma ever. EVER! I was smiling the whole time she was up there. What a cute, fun lady! I loved it when she was talking about all her grandchildren and how proud she is. I hope I can be that awesome when I'm 90! I'm all choked up right now because I'm just so happy for her. It was fun seeing Deon Coon up there at the end too. She was one of my YW leaders and I was good friends with her daughter, Natalie. I still can't believe it Becky. I always thought it would be so neat to see someone I know on that show. Thanks so much for telling me about it. It seriously made my day. She won AWESOME prizes too! Seriously one of the best showcases I've ever seen. Did she go to Jamaica and tube down the river? What a hoot! I just love her! Did you guys all have a big party and watch it together? So fun! I'm so happy for her and your family. Thanks again for sharing such an exciting experience with me :)