Saturday, September 6, 2008

What to do with all of that Zucchini?

Do any of you have TONS of Zucchini and you don't know what to do with it? Well, I don't because my plants didn't grow but I do have sweet neighbors that share and I made a yummy Chocolate cake that I thought you all would enjoy. (I was kinda zucchini breaded out)
1 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
4 Tbl cocoa
1/2 c. sour milk (I just added a little vinegar to my milk)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c. zucchini
I added 1/2 tsp Cinnamon and cloves
Mix all together. The mixture is pretty thick but the Zucchini will give it great moisture when it cooks. spread in a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min.
I put a 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 c pecans on top, I might have liked them better mixed in.
I also added a yummy fudge frosting on top
4 3/4 powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. boiling water
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all together for 1 min on low speed, spread and enjoy.

6 comments:

Jiles Pfamily said...

yumm. i need to start baking. thanks for the great recipe.

Terri said...

Becky... you need to post that on Our Recipe Garden. Yummy! (myrecipegarden.blogspot.com)

Kes said...

I'm so going to make these all for the Lewis clan tomorrow!!!

Mindy Hill said...

YES! I SO needed this recipe...can't wait to make it and can't wait to see you guys for dinner tomorrow night!

Tuttles said...

mmmm!

Kimmie said...

Thanks! I have a PLETHURA of Zucc's! I'm going to try this one for sure.