Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Break and the Best Dad ever

To The BEST daddy in the whole wide world. If you were a kid wouldn't you want Mike to be the one you got to play on? My kids got Lucky! I love to see Mike playing with the kids, he has so much patience and love. The boys know him best for his horsey rides, tickle monster and don't forget SCRUFFERS! Mikey you are the bestest!
Well today I got put in the Primary Presidency as the first counselor. I am so excited, the women I get to work with are amazing and it will be so fun to be with the kids.
Spring Break was fun for us although it is different for a pre-schooler. Kind of not a big deal but I wanted Gabe to know it was a fun week. My friend Brittney was here from Alabama for the last few weeks so we got to play with her. She has 2 beautiful girls one of which is Gabes best friend Ella. Gabe says he is going to marry her but she tells me she has other plans (a boyfriend named Evan). Anyways, they can still be friends! We went to Kangaroo zoo a few times and the kids love that. We played at the park, had some walks and talks and a lot of fun. As we grow up friendships seem to fade with people from the past, but I am sure glad Brit and I still have the special bond that has been there for a good 16 years or so. Love you Brit!
We also enjoyed a trip to the Hogle Zoo on Friday with some of my Family: Layne, JoJo, their kids and Russell and his kids. It was really fun but as far as Gabe was concerned we could have spent the whole time on the Train. He walked around with the map pointing to the train track the whole time. "Choo choo mom, ride the choo choo." I now have a feeling I know what we are doing in Disneyland!
When we got home from the zoo Mike was in the backyard putting together our new Trampoilne. The boys absolutely love it and I am sure it will bring a lot of fun memories into our summer this year and all the years to come.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

becky!!

Thanks for leaving a comment...i was thinking about you the other day (seriously) and wondering what you were up to and how many kids you had...your family is adorable!! we need to get together, I will add you as a link and then I can keep tabs on you, if that's ok?!

Terri said...

Mikey is a cute daddy, I agree! I remember carrying him around on my back when he was a little boy - strange thinking about that now. :)
Sounds like you had a fun spring break with the boys jumpin'-animals-giggles... what fun!
Gabe is gonna love having you in Primary!

Kimmie said...

Congrats on your new calling....
That is the perfect calling for you! You are so good with kids! I guess Mike will have to share the title of "Best dad ever..." with Ron for the spring break week.. I do agree I have a cute little brother!

Natlee Lloyd said...

How fun I didn't know you had a blog! I am excited to come over and see the chickens!

Tuttles said...

Becky! I miss all you guys. You're only down the street but still... I'm so glad you have a blog! I can keep up with you.

Terri said...

Becky... when are you gonna start posting all your cute cakes? :)