Wednesday, April 30, 2008

School Days

Good News Minute!

I got a call from Gabe's pre-school teacher yesterday and got the best news. At school they have been doing a lot of testing to determine what the next school year will bring. The test results came back and he tested right in the middle as an average 4 year old for his cognitive skills. He will start Kindergarten this fall in a mainstream class room with only special help with his speech and motor skills.
What a blessing, our prayers were answered. Gabe has caught up with his age group after all of the doctors years ago said he never would.
Gabe has been in Therapy since his was 10 months old with kids on the move until he was 3, then Special Ed. Pre-school through the school district for 2 years now. The special help is not over yet but many thanks goes out to all of the teachers and therapists that have worked with my sweet Gabey. It is fun to see him learning and coming home doing and saying things I know I didn't teach him. Lately Jace has been in the "Why?" stage. It has worn off on Gabe and there is a question about everything. I appreciate it so much because it took so long to be able to talk with him rather than to him. Tonight when we were reading the scriptures he asked me "Where is heaven?" What a sweet boy!

5 comments:

AJ said...

That is really great news to hear Becky! I'll tell Jayne about it.

Terri said...

Gabe is thought of frequently here at our house... happy to hear he is doing well!
Kindergarten is going to be an exciting time for both Gabe and mom! Can't wait to hear all the fun things he learns!
x0x0x

All Dolled Up Designs said...

That is great news about Gabe! He is such a cutie! :) I can't believe how big he is and Jace too! They grow up so fast don't they! I got your message, my blog is nickynmarchadfield.blogspot.com I think you may have just had it in the wrong order or something! Aren't these blogs the best thing ever! Especially for those who live out of state! It's a great way to keep in touch and see how everyone is doing! I get on about once a day to see what everyone is up to, because I can't talk until minutes are free. And by that time it's bed time for us easter time people!:) Keep in touch on the blog and have a Great Summer! We should be there sometime in June hopefully:) Love ya tons! Tell everyone Hi from us!
~Love Nicky

All Dolled Up Designs said...

I think I just won the "longest comment" in the world award!! LOL ;)
~Nicky

Kimmie said...

Yeah!! " I think he can, I think he can, I think he can.... I knew he could!!" Way to go big guy!