Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Still in love!So of course there was no one to take our picture at the top of the mountain. For quite a few years now we have gone biking for our anniversary on the years that we didn't have a small baby. That would be this year! Gabe and Jace with with G-ma and G-pa Liston up to the cabin and had a sleep over. Mike and I went to Midway and spent our last 2 free nights at the Zermat. The first night was a disaster with very loud neighbors that started the Bodyguard at 11:30 with paper thin walls. Then we changed rooms to a nicer room and had a perfect night. We biked up Dutch canyon near Midway for a few hours then rode into Heber for a shake. It was fun but hard to leave the kids. I don't think I could ever do a long trip away from them. Mike leaves for scout camp in the morning but it is different for the dad I think. My kids are mama's boys for sure.
While we were gone Mike and I wrote a list of all the things we remember from dating back in 2002. Here it goes:
The Olympics (snowboarding and Luge events)
Zions with Terri and ???
Early morning workouts
Red Truck
Lake Powell
Wishing star drive
No work just play for 3 months
Swinging in the hammock under the tree
Mikes commitment when I paid for the new tires on the truck!
Music we fell in love to: Ryan Shuppe, Peter Brienholt, Don Conosetti, Josh Gorbon, Jim Brickman, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, etc, etc, etc.
Our first date was to a Don Con Concert with Todd and Meta, We went to a few Shuppe concerts and even got to go the the Cheryl Crow awards ceremony during the Olympics. I'd say we got lots of concerts in a short time!
Mike's comment when I asked what he remembered "your short shorts!" Well those days are long gone, I even wear a skirt with my swimsuit to try to hide a little!
There are lots of memories and they are all written down but I won't bore you with all of them. I am happy to have such a great husband and a true love. We celebrate eternity one year a time.
Happy six years Mikey!

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

You two still have the glow!! Congrat's on 6 years!! Love you!

Bryce Family said...

So sweet, Becky. Mike is so lucky to have you, and you him. Congrats!

Karin said...

Happy Anniversary! I love Gabe and Jace's conversation. How sweet kids are.

Karin

Terri said...

It made me smile to read through your memories...

Did the girls and I tell you about 'Wishing Star Drive'? We totally named that drive! :)

Happy Anniversary!
x0x0x

Kes said...

HI!!!! Yea! now we can keep up with each other:-)

It was so good to see you last week, your boys are getting so big!

Keep in touch!

kes

PS- you have to get rid of the word verification cause I Hate them and always mess up typing them!!!:-)