Saturday, January 17, 2009

He can see!

So Gabe has been going to the opthamologist since he was 10 months old. Right before Christmas I got a letter from the school nurse suggesting that he needs his eyes checked. Ya really think I'm not aware of the eye problem? Well, at least they're doing their job at Hillcrest. So Gabe's annual visit came and the blindness was confirmed. His vision is -2.o, he's near sighted. He was so excited to get glasses, He really was hoping for a yellow pair but I guess no one else picks that color, so there was none to be found. He settled for this cute blue pair that mom picked out. The first day with the glasses was fun to see him looking around him, seeing detail he never saw before.
When we got out of the car from picking up the glasses he said to me "where's my suit case for these things?" I got such a kick out of that, we now have an official name for his case. The glasses make me nervous, I'm so scared he's going to lose them I want to glue them to his face. The first day to school with them I wrote his teacher a letter and called her. Am I a worry mom or what.
This picture is of Gabe finishing Jace's cheese and chicken, 2 forks, 2 plates, he must have been hungry!

4 comments:

The Hall Clan said...

he is very handsome in his glasses

joleen said...

He looks great! Kinda older and wiser! Maybe if you just expect him to break his glasses sometime, you won't have to worry anymore!

rachel said...

He looks so cute and wise in those!

Kelli said...

That is really sweet. I'm so happy for him. I love the suitcase comment. Kids are the best. Thanks for sharing :) You are such a good mommy!