Sunday, August 23, 2009

First day of First grade

Here is my handsome Gabe off on his first day of school. When I took this picture I didn't know that my day would end in tears.
Gabe is going to Orchard for a special program that they have up there to help him get a little more caught up before he goes mainstream in our neighborhood school. I think it will be great for him but the transportation to get him there is a joke. It is 2 miles away.
It took him 40 minutes to get to school and I expected it to take about that long before he came home. School let out at 3:30 so when 4:30 came around and I didn't have my boy home I got worried. Finally not long after Gabe was home sopping wet and in tears. Over an hour on a hot bus with no drink or AC. I felt so bad tat he had to suffer through that. It won't be happening again. I guess I have just turned into a school taxi because I can't bare to let Gabe ride the bus for that long. It was hard enough on me that he was gone all day but to have 2 hours extra just for the transportation. I don't think so.



4 comments:

Tuttles said...

I can't believe he's in first grade! He is such a handsome boy! That's such a bummer about the bus! What the heck?!

Kimmie said...

I would be going and talking to the bus driver and asking WTH! My poor Gabie, What a cutie I can't believe he is in 1st!!!

Harper Family said...

He is such a handsome boy!!! Soon enough you will be sending him off on his mission... ha ha okay that is a while away. Love you guys!!! We miss you!

The Hall Clan said...

I'm with you on that Beck!!! Momma bear comes out when the little ones suffer.