Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies

Yesterday I made Pumpkin cookies for the first time since last year and the smell filled my house, the smell that made it officially fall. I got to thinking that it might be fun to make my blog a recipe source. If I find a good one I will pass it on to friends that might enjoy, I know I would love a new recipe now and then. So here is my first stop to yummy.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream
2 eggs
3/4 c. margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 Tbl Baking Soda
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
Mix in
3 c. flour
1 tsp each cinn, cloves, nutmeg
chocolate chips
Bake at 375 for 12 min. frost with cream cheese frosting if you want
When I made them yesterday I had to put extra flour, sometimes when the weather is cold cookies take almost a cup extra.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c. butter or margarine softened
2 tsp. vanilla
Beat together until light and fluffy. Add 2 c. powder sugar and beat. Then add 2 3/4 c. more sugar and beat until smooth.
So today I made another tasty meal that was such a kid pleaser all of you that struggle to get your kids to eat dinner need to try this one.
Creamy Chicken & Pasta
8 ounces penne pasta (I used curly noodles, they were fun)
3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium zucchini sliced (I didn't have any so I left it out)
1 c. frozen peas
1 lb chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbl oil
3/4 c heavy cream (I used whole milk cause I had it)
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
pinch nutmeg
Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 12 minutes. Add veggies except peas during the last 4 minutes. then add peas during the last 1 minute. Drain and put in large serving bowl.
Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Heat oil in skillet over med-high. Cook 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
Add cream, cheese and remaining 1/4 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper and nutmeg to skillet. Boil for 2 minutes until thick. Toss with pasta and veggies.

4 comments:

Meta said...

All recipes I love!! Thanks for sharing! Now, I want to see you cinnamon roll recipe. Also, will you send me pictures of the kids together from your visit? I need them for my blog update! :)

Kimmie said...

Thanks for the recipes! I love both of those! Ditto with Meta.. I want to see Pics from your trip to!

Karin said...

I love that you found my blog and have started one of your own. It'll be fun to watch the boys grow up. I also love that you put recipes on here. I need your crepe recipe again...I can't find it for the life of me.

We'll be there the end of November.

Karin

sherry said...

thanks becky, so fun to see your blog